Outside In THE POWER of PUTTING CUSTOMERS
at the CENTER of YOUR BUSINESS
- How did Fidelity find the simple innovation that generated billions in new investments?
- What helped Mayo Clinic uncover the insights to better serve both doctors and patients?
- How did Office Depot beat the problem that blocked its growth potential?
All these organizations focused on customer experience, the most powerful — and misunderstood — element of corporate strategy today.
Customer experience is, quite simply, how your customers perceive their every interaction with your company. Your gut already tells you that it's the key to business success. Now you can prove it. And with the rigorous, battle-tested tools in this book, you can tap the transformative power of managing from the outside in.
Here's proof that it works: Over a recent five-year period during which the S&P 500 was flat, a stock portfolio of customer experience leaders grew 22%.
OUTSIDE IN will help you:
- Understand your company's Customer Experience Ecosystem. You'll see that the roots of customer experience problems extend beyond customer-facing employees into behind-the-scenes processes, technologies, and people.
- Master the six disciplines of customer experience:
- Customer Understanding
- Learn from real-world case studies from around the world. See how Holiday Inn's customer experience strategy led to a complete redesign of its lobbies and restaurants and how American Express reinvented its service culture, earning loyalty by delivering a better experience. Discover how Boeing redesigned the way it delivers information to match the needs of distinct customer types. And examine how Barclaycard U.S. assigns every major element of customer experience to a senior executive with the power to bulldoze internal roadblocks and solve customer problems that inhibit growth.